Ever the fans of a supermodel charity campaign, here at Boon Models (one of the top up-and-coming modeling agencies in New York) we’re incredibly excited about the announcement that Naomi Campbell will be taking to the runways of London Fashion Week to promote her charity ‘Fashion for Relief’, which aims to raise as much money as possible to donate to the Ebola Crisis Appeal and the Ebola Survival Fund in West Africa.
There are many reasons to be excited about this show, which will take place at London’s iconic Somerset House on the evening of February 19th, with the most important being the potential to raise thousands for one of the world’s most deserving and commendable causes, which has claimed the lives of so many over the past year. Campbell has previously used her ‘Fashion for Relief’ foundation – which was set up in 2005 – to raise valuable funds for victims of hurricane Katrina, and has proved to be a great success at spreading awareness. Therefore, we’re assured that we can be expecting big things from the approaching show.
There is also the fact that Naomi Campbell is one of the most well-connected supermodels in the industry, counting Kate Moss, Beyoncé, Mario Testino (world-renowned photographer to the stars) and Riccardo Tisci (Creative Director for Givenchy) as some of her closest friends. This is bound to mean that she will have a plethora of celebrity guests and participants in this upcoming show, along with the works of some of the best fashion designers in the entire world.
The buzz surrounding this amazing show points to some really exciting items being donated from showcase collections of designers such as:
* Alexander McQueen (sadly no longer with us but also previously a great friend of Naomi’s)
* Balmain (now run by the remarkably young innovator Oliver Rousteing, who has thrust the brand forward through association with Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Kanye West and the Kardashian clan over recent years)
* Dolce & Gabbana (need we say more)
* Givenchy (from whom Naomi is bound to receive something very special from her good friend – mentioned above – Riccardo Tisci)
* Versace (Donatella is another great friend, the list, as you can see if pretty much endless)
So basically, you get the picture, that this is going to be something pretty huge. So why not join us here at Boon Models – along with the other famed modeling agencies in Washington DC, Tampa and New York – in following the exciting coverage.