The life of a model is a hard one but once you find one of the best modeling agencies in Chicago you are sure to learn a lot. They usually have a whole training course that their models need to complete in order to ensure that they are the best in the trade. Some of the things you could learn may include the following:
- You must know that the mirror is a learning tool all by itself. Practice poses and expressions as if you are in front of the camera and always remember that the thing closest to the camera will appear the largest.
- Always leave a space between your body and limbs. If you don’t stuff starts squashing and it could make for a very unflattering result.
- You need to get some understanding of what light and shadows do for you or to you. Shadows cast on the wrong spot may ruin your shoot. Make sure no part of you blocks the light. Always work towards your key light.
- Whatever you do, don’t go closer to the light. Yes, this does happen as light really does have some magnetism. Resist the urge.
- Do not look at too sharp an angle. The moment your iris moves to a corner of your eye too much of the eye white shows making for a kind of a freak look, for lack of a better description.
- There is a rule that not everybody is aware of. If you angle your face away from the camera you need to make very sure that your nose doesn’t pass your cheek’s outline. Breaking the cheek is a no-no. Practice to know what the allowable distance is.
- Find ways of making your neck look longer. This will make you look poised and give the illusion of height. This trick makes you look slimmer in an instant.
- Angles play a huge role in taking the perfect picture. If you are angled just right you could look pounds lighter.
- Use the shadows to your advantage by hiding anything you need to hide in them. Shrouding your flaws in darkness will place the focus on your desirable assets.
- Another trick for the purpose of appearing just a tad slimmer is by forming a new waste. This is easily achieved by placing the hands a bit higher up, where you want the hip to be.
- Chicago modeling agencies suggest jutting your hip out to either one of your sides can create the illusion of more curves for those less shapely who want to add the appearance of more bumps being carried.
- Rest your hands loosely over the body instead of bunched together. Turn it at a slight angle so the back of the hand isn’t visible. If you do the hand will look huge.
These tricks are no secret to models working for best modeling agencies in Chicago as these companies teach these things to their models which is what makes them the top modeling agencies in Chicago